If lyrical content were punches, artist Static Spaz would be throwing haymakers every 3 seconds. With his witty delivery and flow he is slowly becoming a “dormhold” name throughout college campuses across Georgia. As floozies wait for his highly anticipated project “Still Bored of Education”, Dreamanaires.com sits with Static Spaz to uncover what makes him tic.
DMN- Let start with the basics. Where are you from, your age and where do you reside now?
Static Spaz – I’m from Quitman, Ga (a small town in south Georgia). I am currently 21 years old and I still stay in Quitman, so I commute to campus everyday.
-Where did your name Static Spaz come from?
- haha…well…I had braces in high school and 2 female friends of mine use to joke on me saying that if I kissed another girl with braces we’d make static, so they called me Static everyday and it just stuck with me. The Spaz part didn’t come until people heard me rap. Every time somebody heard me rap I would hear “that boy just spazzed out” or “Static be spazzin”. So I felt that it was only right for me to add it to my name, which was perfect because “Static” is such a common stage name.
-What do you want to be when you grow up?
- A firefighter…haha nah I’m just kidding around. I never knew how to answer that question. I just wanna be, I just wanna be successful –Drake voice-
-Pluto Nation has been silent lately, any big things brewing?
- I wouldn’t actually say that we’ve been silent because Bunkie White just dropped his mixtape and he is also the only local artist that is in rotation at the radio station in this area along with Jimmy HenneC. So, I wouldn’t say that Pluto Nation has been silent, but I have been…not for long though…I promise you that
-For those who don’t know, What is Pluto Nation?
- Pluto Nation is a big umbrella and under that umbrella is a nation of talent. You can be whatever you want to be whether it may be teaching, cooking, rapping, singing, skateboarding, walking, breathing, ANYTHING. It basically underlines that fact that no matter what you do, give it 110%…go hard or go home and I ain’t been home in a long time.
-How do you characterize your style of music?
- That’s something else that I have never been able to put my finger on. I just look at myself as a diverse artist. Sometimes I want to do a song full of metaphors and punchlines with no hook. Sometimes I want to compose songs that can be played in the club. Sometimes I want to make songs that people can relate to. My most favorite type of songs to make are the songs where I actually discuss the downfalls in my life. Those are the songs that I sense people want to hear because it makes the listener feel as if they know you. It shows that the artist is a human being and experience problems just like anybody else would.
-Did you receive good feedback from you’re last project, “Bored of Education”
- Yea “Bored of Education” did awesome. I got a buttload of downloads on that mixtape and I really didn’t expect it to do that good because I started out promoting for it by myself and then word got around that it was actually a good mixtape and the rest is history. Thanks to everybody that listened to it, liked it, and told their friends about it.
-When can we expect Still Bored of Education?
- SOON! I’m actually done with it, but I’m working on other aspects of this project so it can come out just as good as the last one.-
-What makes a “Grinder”?
- Determination, Ambition, and Drive (D.A.D.)
-Where can we hear your music?
- I actually just made a SoundCloud account so you can go there and listen/download the songs I post. It’s a new account and I’ve only released one song so be patient with me lol
-Anything else you want to say?
- yea………GO HEAT!! KING JAMES!!…..ok I’m done.
Make sure you floozies check out his newest MeStyle , TheraFlu here .